CIC® Certification Preparatory Course presented by APIC
Friday, June 10, 8:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
This one-day course is primarily directed at those who are preparing to take the CIC® certification examination. Individuals who are interested in learning more about certification or acquiring basic infection prevention and control knowledge, and those preparing for re-certification, are also welcome to attend.
The course will:
- Assist attendees in the preparation of candidates taking CBIC’s Certification in Infection Control (CIC®) exam for certification and re-certification
- Highlight topics that are essential for competent practice in the field of infection prevention and control.
- Describe the fundamental concepts of the 8 areas of infection prevention and control practice as defined in the CBIC content outline.
- Discuss how examination questions are constructed.
- Examine the steps in the certification process
- Identify strategies to assist with test taking and development of study plans.
Carol McLay, DrPH, MPH, RN, CIC
CEO, Infection Control International
Lynn Fine, PhD, MPH, CIC
Infection Prevention, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY
Connie Steed, MSN, RN, CIC
Director of Infection Prevention and Control, Greenville Health System, Greenville, SC
Irena L. Kenneley, PhD, APHRN-BC, CIC
Associate Professor/Faculty Development Director, Case Western Reserve University Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Cleveland, OH
Accreditation, CEUs and Evaluation:
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC).
Attendees will be able to earn 7.5 CNEs for this activity, and can only be obtained through completion of the online evaluation. After satisfying all completion requirements, a certificate of completion will be available to print and/or for your records indicating CEUs.